Monday, August 23, 2010

Flight over Segou

Another part of my amazing birthday was going up in a little plane and flying around over Segou. I have a German military friend who lives here in Segou that owns a private little plane that he will take people up for a small fee. So i contacted him a few weeks ago and set up to fly on my birthday weekend.

It is a private airstrip... he and one other guy are the only ones how know how to fly a plane in all of segou and he owns the only plane in the entire city of Segou. So Gerhard, the German guy picks Mark and I up and takes us out there, checks all of the things and I load in for my flight.

It was a really small, two seater plane. I really don't know how to explain how amazing it was so here are some of my photos.


(Me getting ready)


(Take off)


(The Niger River)


(Downtown Segou where women go to do their laundry in the river and dry in on the river banks)


(Segou!)

No comments: