Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Day in the life of the BEST PCV in country

4:06 - Wake up to the sound of the bats in the ceiling. Grab broom and start hitting the ceiling.

5:45 - Say a silent prayer to Allah so that my neighbors keep it down

7:30 - Wake up on my own accord and grab the broom (conviently right next to the bed) and sweep the house

8:00 - Lie on mat and do some crunches and push ups. OK i did that once but still...

8:15 - Start boiling water for some easy mac or ramen or whatever it is that i feel like making into my new favorite breakfast food for the week.

8:30 - Sit down and eat my breakfast inside so i don't have to "invitation" out my american food.

9:00 - Walk over to the bosses house and see if anything is going on for the day (assuming nothing is I might just go up to my cell phone mountain and call someone)

1:30 - Meander my way home and eat rice and sause with the neighbors. Extra pimont (hot peppers) to drown out the taist of the fish.

3:00 - Pular lessons. Mainly consists of me trying to pronounce the word and the crowd of on-lookers laughing their butts off at my butchering abilites of their language that is "tres facile"

5:00 - Leave Pular leassons utterly imbarrased and overwhelingly overwhelmed. Tea time with the boys. This is where i get a chance to laugh at them with our impromptu English lessons.

8:00 - Burn off a layer of skin on my tongue from all of the pimont i use for more rice and sause which is a cold repeat of lunch.

9:00 - Grab my bucket and goble and take a "shower". Scrubbing all traces of Guinea dust off of me.

9:30 - Crawl in bed with a good book and Owen Bennet Jones from BBC en Afrique

10:00 - Say a silent prayer that i made it another day and secretly count the days in my head until i can see another America.

No comments: