Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh Guinea...

Well hello all,

Surprise, I have internet!!!!! EXCITING, for me at least. Once again, I'm fine and well although I've been all kinds of sick for the last 7 days. Only in Guinea! Today we got to go outside of Foricariah and into Mamou, a large town in the Fouta (middle Guinea) and the best part is, ITS NOT HOT HERE. I wore a hoodie, yes thats right, I am wearing a Hoodie in Africa. Its probably about 75 degrees F but when you are used to 95-100 F 75 feels cool. I know I know. Most of you back in the states are freezing with inches if not feet of snow on the ground and here i am in 75 degree weather thinking its cold. Well you should have joined the Peace Corps, then you could be enjoying the nice African climate as well.

On Sunday I get to go and see my house where I will be living for the next two years! I can't wait. I hear that I have the second story of an older couples house inside of a compound shaired with a teacher. From what I've been told by my APCD ( lady in charge of SED) it is nice. But i will give a full report when i have some legit info.

Just wanted to put it out there that i have been getting some packages and letters in the mail and they are awesome. Thank you to everyone who has sent out packages and letters!!!! They really do mean the world over here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rena. Glad you have the net and are able to keep in touch with us backward people in the hills of Tennessee.

Unknown said...

Corinna! Glad to hear you are doing well. Sorry I have been such a slacker about sending you packages. Nathan is going to be going on leave soon. I will send you a package when we get back from Colorado. Love you lots. Stay safe and well!