Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let the countdown begin!


Dear Friends and Fam,

As some of you may know, I joined the Peace Corps. I just received my placement location and I'm going to GUINEA, West Africa to do small enterprise development!

I am leaving Dec 1, 2008 and will return to the US on Feb 4, 2011. Dec 1, 2008 I fly out to either Washington DC or Philadelphia (still waiting to know where) to meet the group and start my three days of US training and then on Dec 3 the entire group flys over the Conakry Guinea which will begin the three months in country training. Around week five we are to get our in country housing assignments, so until then i will not know exactly where i will be.

While gone, I'm still not sure how much Internet time I will have, but I will do my best to try and send out e-mails and blog regularly. The web address to my travel blog will be http://corinnamerrill.blogspot.com/

Much love,
Corinna Merrill
merrill.9@wright.edu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Rena. We knew you could handle any situation that would come along. Ma said you got Grandma's letter. Well it was kinda from me too. Pics of your Hilton are very impressing.

Love Grandpa